A few refreshing drink recipes to whip up after a day in the garden. Put up your feet and enjoy!
- 5 cups of water
- ½ cup of honey or sugar to taste (or for a sugar-free option, use ¼ tsp Stevia)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (or the juice of 1 large lemon)
- ¼ cup fresh lavender (or 2 tbsp dried lavender)
- Bring 2.5 cups of water to a boil and stir in the sweetener of your choice.
- Pour the mix over the lavender and steep for 20 minutes. Strain out the lavender.
- Add the remaining water and add the lemon juice and stir.
- Pour into a glass with ice, and enjoy while sitting on your patio and admiring your garden.
Adapted from https://steemit.com/food/@generikat/a-sugar-free-lavender-lemonade-recipe
Mojito with Fresh Mint
An almost sugar-free, virgin option to the highly popular favourite.
- 1 medium lemon or lime, your preference, or 1 tbsp of juice
- 1 cup of loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 can of diet lemon-flavoured soda, like diet 7UP or Sprite Zero
- Squeeze the juice of your preferred citrus into a large glass. Add the peel if you want a stronger citrusy flavour.
- Add the mint leaves, tearing them up before putting into the glass. Bruise with a spoon or straw.
- Add ice, then pour the soda until the glass is filled.
- Let sit for a few minutes to let the flavours blend.
- Sit on your patio and enjoy your drink with a straw, this helps filter out the mint leaves.
Adapted from: https://cleobuttera.com/drinks/zero-calorie-virgin-mojito/
Fruit & Herb Flavoured Water
- 2 cups of fruit – berries, citrus, melons – any combination you prefer – Add in some cucumber too!
- Herbs – mint, basil, sage, rosemary, tarragon, thyme or lavender
- Large Pitcher & wooden spoon
- Add herbs to the pitcher and use the wooden spoon to bruise them and release flavour.
- Add desired fruits to pitcher, stir with the wooden spoon
- Add ice and top up with water.
- Let it rest for ½ hour to allow flavours to combine.
- Pour into a glass, put up your feet, and enjoy.
Suggested Flavour combinations
Cucumber, Mint & Citrus: combine 1 lemon, 1 orange, and 1 lime; slice and dice into pieces. Add ½ cucumber sliced and a large handful of mint leaves.
Blackberry Sage: Combine a small handful of sage leaves and 2 cups of blackberries.
Watermelon Rosemary: Add a rosemary spring and 2 cups of watermelon cubes.
There are so many combinations to try! Find your perfect blend.
Adapted from: https://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water#EmbedRecipe_251